December 16, 2021|Personal Transformation, Wellness
The holiday season presents more opportunities for festive food and special meals. It's a great time to be reminded to be present with your food, and attend to chewing it carefully.
Are you willing to experiment with this? Take these steps and see how you feel:
1. Take in the visual expression of your food. Notice the colors, textures and plating.
2. Send a thought, wish or prayer of appreciation for food, colors and textures before you that will nourish you or give you pleasure.
3. As you bring your utensil to your mouth, engage your olfactory system and take in the aromas. Be with this as you feel the saliva pool in your mouth.
4. Your digestion is beginning even before your food enters. Your brain knows what's up, and has those salivary glands ready. Now take in your food, and be present with chewing.
5. The more you chew, the more readily absorbed your food will be. This will enhance digestion and assimilation of nutrients.
When you adopt this goal of chewing more slowly, you are automatically more present. And being here now, in the present, is a precious gift.